Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Energy saver not working

Dear all,

It seems that since I've installed Snow Leopard my battery life has become much shorter. I'm not 100% sure what is causing this, but it seems the Energy Saver is not really working and somehow keeps everything running at full speed even if I don't use the computer for a while and the settings are set to putting hard disks to sleep and things like that.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks and regards,
Tim Metz

MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 11:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 6:54 AM

I have encountered the same problem. My screensaver and Sleep mode don't always work. Sometimes they kick in sometimes they don't.

Although I have also noticed that the times that don't work are more often when I use pictures from my own iPhoto collection as desktop background. There was no problem when I used the Apple built-in desktop background.

I've only been using my new iMac for a couple of weeks, so I'll have to do more testing to be sure.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 6, 2009 6:54 AM in response to timmetz

I have encountered the same problem. My screensaver and Sleep mode don't always work. Sometimes they kick in sometimes they don't.

Although I have also noticed that the times that don't work are more often when I use pictures from my own iPhoto collection as desktop background. There was no problem when I used the Apple built-in desktop background.

I've only been using my new iMac for a couple of weeks, so I'll have to do more testing to be sure.

Energy saver not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.