Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copying format of email addresses

Dear all,

This is a very minor issue, but it's a bit annoying nonetheless. It seems that with Snow Leopard, the format that you get when copying a contact's address (for example from the "To:" field of a new email you're composing) and pasting it somewhere has changed from the raw address (i.e. "tim@yourzine.com.cn") to the full address info (i.e. "Tim Metz <tim@yourzine.com.cn>").

Is there any way to switch this back as I use this quite a lot and 99% of the time I need just the address and not the brackets, full name, etc.

Thanks and regards,
Tim Metz

MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 11:52 PM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2009 7:21 PM in response to Golden Shoes

Thanks for the answer. It's pretty strange though cause I use that a lot and I'm quite sure it wasn't like that before Snow Leopard.

And I know it's a very small thing, but I use it a lot to share contacts with people, send invitations on social networks and other online stuff, etc. and usually in those things it's best to just have the raw email address without all the extra info (the naming in my address book is not necessarily what I would like to share with other people 🙂

Anyway, very minor stuff, in dutch we call my behavior "ant f*cking" 😉

Regards,
Tim

copying format of email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.