Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Frame by Frame

I need to control my movie frame by frame [by arrows] without the controler displayed on the QT screen. Like was before. What a mess. Why. Is there a way to install the older QT?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 9, 2009 1:43 PM

4 replies

Oct 19, 2009 6:52 PM in response to Verzig

Hello,

I am running a web site that features thousands of quicktime movies of professional tennis players. We specialize in video analysis. The ability to go "frame-by-frame" with the arrow keys in QuickTime, was why we chose to use it from the start. However, it seems that Apple is moving towards removing the controls from the player (and hiding them during playback) to give it a cleaner look. I am proposing to bring back the controls, or at least being able to set the preference either way under the "preferences" option. I acknowledge, that I am in the minority here, however, I feel that there are enough of us, that are having issues with Quicktime X--and the direction in which the development is going. I simply would like to add the above wish to the laundry list of bugs to be addressed.

Many thanks, gc

Frame by Frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.