Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Safari wants to use the font..."

Since I installed Leopard and auto-updated to 10.5.8, Safari keeps throwing up a prompt that starts "Safari wants to use font..." followed by the name of the font and the hard drive it's installed on. The latter seems to usually be one of my external drives where I have a lot of my fonts. Then I have to click for it to allow or not allow, and if I click not allow, it throws the requester right back up at me!

The requester has an option to click for "Don't ask me again" (or something similar), and I check it every time, and it still keeps randomly appearing. It is an extreme annoyance. I searched for the phrase "Safari wants to use the font" (and same phrase without word "the") on this entire site and found nothing.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is it a bug or a "feature"? Is there anything at all that can be done about it?

Thanks

2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 7:26 AM

10 replies

Dec 4, 2009 7:23 AM in response to WebSitter

WebSitter wrote:
Ok but why only after installing FontExplorer?

I have no idea why.

I have fonts on another hard drive. Yesterday I had a web site ask if it could access a font from that hard drive. I would think if I had that font on my OS hard drive, I wouldn't had be asked. Like I said it's no big deal. To be honest I'm glad that I was asked to give precession to assess that hard drive.

Is there a reason you use FontExplorer?

Dec 23, 2009 9:26 AM in response to Marie Avante

Marie Avante wrote:
Safari keeps throwing up a prompt that starts "Safari wants to use font..." followed by the name of the font and the hard drive it's installed on. The latter seems to usually be one of my external drives where I have a lot of my fonts ...

I was having the same problem with Microsoft Entourage looking for fonts on an external hard drive and fixed the problem by disabling "*Automatic Font Activation*" in *Font Book's* Preferences.

"Safari wants to use the font..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.