You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod Nano 5G games

I was using the Userguide to download and syn games. It says, after logging into App Store I have to select iPod Games, this I couldnt find.

Could someone plz guide me through exact steps to download and sync games to my ipod. (An example would help a lot )

Thanks

AMD Athalon XP, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Oct 10, 2009 6:02 PM

17 replies

Mar 13, 2018 8:47 PM in response to tonymt

The discussion is going away from the original topic.
I had the same problem while surfing app store for ipod nano games. I cant find them and i cant find the place to look for them even.
digging into the 'reasons why' i figured out - may be app store's not yet fully functional in India, so there may be a case that...
"There may not be any games available in app store for ipod nano(4/5 wont matter) in India(lets hope it is 'as yet')"
Now what i want is a confirmation of this thing... and the reason, if there's any.

Oct 10, 2009 6:19 PM in response to tonymt

Hello tonymy,
And welcome to Apple Discussions.

To locate the iPod agmes, you will have to hover your mouse over the App button at the top of the iTunes store window until a small arrow appears on the right side. From there, you can click on that to open a drop down menu that has an option for "iPod Games"

That should do the trick for you. 😉

B-rock

Oct 28, 2009 1:47 AM in response to planb77

Hi planb77,

Thank for your reply.

Sorry, I had misunderstood my Ipod with 5G. Actually I am having ipod Nano 4G with 8GB space.

I have did the same. I cant find the Option "ipod Games" on that. I could see Books, Business, Education, Entertainment, Finanace....... except Ipod Games.
I had even tried by Adding game "Sudoku (Full Version)" to Library >> Application. But couldnt get it added to Games tab in my devices.

Message was edited by: tonymt

Oct 28, 2009 5:54 AM in response to tonymt

It sounds like you were in the right area. The iPod Click wheel games are the third option down when the list opens up after clicking on the small black arrow that appears when you however over the right side of the *App Store* button.

In regards to Sudoku, it sounds like you may have purchased an application, which are not compatible on any iPod model except for the Touch (and the iPhone). This explains why the game is under the Applications tab and not Games.

B-rock

Dec 30, 2009 6:42 PM in response to tonymt

hi tonymt,

I was looking for the same thing the other night for my new 5th gen nano... they don't make it easy unless you use the upper-most nav with the arrows that show up on click.

you need to go to the app store and then select 'ipod with click wheel games' and it should allow you to get games that work on click wheel ipods such as the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen nano.

enjoy.

Jan 4, 2010 9:24 AM in response to Voodoobones

I was kind of disappointed by the lack of 5G specific games. There seems to be a lot of games for the Ipod Touch and the Iphone but they seem to forget about the 5G.

Am I missing something? Itunes seem to be getting away from the Ipod and supporting more of the higher end devices.

it's not itunes' or apple's choice of what platform to make the games for. they come from individual developers, and since the market is there for the higher end products in greater numbers (as a gaming platform), then it's gonna naturally go that way. on my 5g nano, I'm looking for something to kill time hear and there. but folks with iphones and ipod touches are using it as a small form-factor gaming platform like the ds or psp in many circumstances.

the interface for making games that are able to hold attn for longer periods of time are naturally the ones that have the touchscreen—such as the touch or iphone. and theoretically, I'd argue that both still qualify as ipods (just with more features). from what I could tell, the nano games worked for most of the 3-5g versions, except those that required the accelerometer. there are plenty of games, just not so many that have great interactive interfaces. that's just the nature of the interface itself though. give the next gen nano a touchscreen and it'll grow its gameplay market exponentially. at that point though, I think you lose the appeal of the "little worry about the screen or body" and portability of the nano.

he main point I'll make though is that it's not a decision by apple. they don't make the games themselves. they make the platform and the OS, the developers make the games (and other apps in the case of the touchscreens)

- j

Jan 12, 2010 10:17 PM in response to Jeremy Bechtold

Thank you. That is a good explanation. I didn't think about it that way.

I would like to find more accelerometer apps. I fly planes and love anything aviation so I think it would be cool if someone would develop something aviation related like the artificial horizon that was developed for the iPhone. 🙂

I just think the 5g is great because of the size and all of the capabilities that it has.

Jan 13, 2010 7:03 AM in response to Voodoobones

agreed, i wouldn't mind more apps like that as well. the idea of using the scrollwheel to play games doesn't go too well beyond what is already there, but the accelerometer can allow so much more. for that, i can't even see myself buying tetris for my 5G just because it would be limited in the way it plays—and i've owned tetris for every tech gadget i've had since my nintendo in the 80s. i see my nano this time around more as a very travel-friendly music and video player than what i used to use my ipod for... which was a music player, boot drive, back-up file companion, etc... i still use it, it's a firewire clickwheel model of the full-size ipods and it's served me well over 5 years, including many hours of solitaire when i had no books handy or other light to read by. i think with this ipod, i'm less-likely to look to use it for games due to how simple and perfect the interface is for music and videos.

May 24, 2010 7:54 AM in response to chariblock

chariblock wrote:
i also dont want to waste money buying a fourth gen ipod nano game for a fith gen could some one post a list of compaible 3rd and 4th gen games which work on 5th gen please

chariblock,

as I posted in this thread back in december, all games play for click wheel nanos when they are included in the list. to be more specific, nothing made for a 3G or 4G nano will not work on a 5G model. if you go to that app store main nav dropdown where "ipod with click wheel games" is an option... all games there will work for 3G, 4G, or 5G nanos. the only difference that I'm aware of that wouldn't necessarily be accounted for in the game itself would be the screen resolution. I would assume that the game would either stretch to fill the screen or letterbox it. I'm just guessing there, since that's the logical way it would be handled.

where you can go wrong and purchase that will not work is if you don't limit the selection by "ipod with click wheel games" ... those games will work, all other "apps" will not. in summary, there's no need for a list, if it's in that category, it'll work.

hope that helps.

May 24, 2010 8:10 AM in response to Community User

abhay.kulkarni wrote:
The discussion is going away from the original topic.
I had the same problem while surfing app store for ipod nano games. I cant find them and i cant find the place to look for them even.

just in case it got lost somewhere else in the post... main nav bar > app store > ipod click wheel games shows all nano games on a single screen. none of the other app pages work for any nano version.

digging into the 'reasons why' i figured out - may be app store's not yet fully functional in India, so there may be a case that...
"There may not be any games available in app store for ipod nano(4/5 wont matter) in India(lets hope it is 'as yet')"
Now what i want is a confirmation of this thing... and the reason, if there's any.

to help determine if that is a possible scenario... I just took a peek. my count shows 49 games for "ipod click wheel games" this morning. 12 rows of 4 games plus one extra game at the bottom. if you're ITMS in india shows a different total, I'd be happy to post a quick screen cast of the games listed for me to see which are missing for you...

ipod Nano 5G games

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.