Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Speakers on 13"?

My work just gave me a new computer and I am shocked to see that the volume bar is off... then I went to the website for the 13 inch model and it mentions speakers.

Are there speakers? If so why is the volume menu bar greyed out?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 11, 2009 4:03 PM

7 replies

Oct 11, 2009 4:59 PM in response to macbig

macbig wrote:
Go to system preferences> sound and see if the mute box is checked.

That should make no difference. Clicking the F10 key has the same affect as checking the mute box. Clicking the F11 and F12 keys has the same affect as sliding the slider in the system Prefs/Sound window.

The OP is not real clear what is meant by "the volume bar is off". That does not say anything to me. Could you please be specific?

Oct 11, 2009 7:34 PM in response to Gregory Mcintire

Thanks all for your help. Well, the Volume logo is shown in grey on the upper bar. I did go to the volume and tried the function key. But nothing seems to work. And I have just opened this computer for the first time and am a life-long mac user so I am quite familiar with the machine. I will try to reboot and see if that helps, but I was just convinced that there was no speaker (which I found odd).

I will get back in the morning if this doesn't work. Cheers.

No Speakers on 13"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.