Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the iTunes store have any view options in iTunes 9?

I was forced to 'up'grade to iTunes 9 when I bought a new iPod. Now I find the iTunes store unusable. How do I display the composer? How do I widen columns so that I can see all the performers - singers, conductor, orchestra, etc?

All help gratefully received.

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.6), 2.53Ghz 4GB

Posted on Oct 11, 2009 6:10 PM

10 replies

Oct 11, 2009 6:35 PM in response to iNexxFear

Thanks for replying but it doesn't help me. I choose iTunes Store in the left column. This brings me to a window full of ads. I type e.g. "mozart requiem" into the search window at top right, and I now get a little window with only the following columns: Name, Time, Artist, Album, Popularity and Price. These columns are so narrow that they're useless, e.g. "Berliner Philarmoni", i.e. not even enough room to show the conductor. I can't widen these columns. Nor can I display e.g. Composer; if I go to the View menu, "view options" is greyed out. I can't use this. It's really disturbing to see Apple forcing people to use worse programs. My quarter-century of loyalty to the brand weakens every day.

Oct 11, 2009 7:03 PM in response to strida

Ahhh! Now i'm with you.... Your in the store and want these fields... I thought you were in your library... I'll look around but you may want to use the leave feedback option from iTunes expressingthis concern... As I'm not sure how to see this overall in the store. I think you can still look at the details 1 by 1 by right clicking and do the "get info" option can't you?

I'm replying remotely now and not next to my mac or the iTunes store right now

again thanks for the clarification, I'll update with anything I can find but the stores appearance is fixed now adays and so the feedback is going to be your best resolution for now!

Oct 11, 2009 9:38 PM in response to strida

I'm having similar issues with shopping in 'browse' mode. I'm looking for new music in a general area and trying to find something interesting is just painful. I can click on an album to bring up its record and more information, but then I can't go back to my search and have to start all over again.

Unless I know exactly what I'm looking to buy, this is pointless. I'll use the gift card I got and have no plans to come back and suffer through this.

Oct 12, 2009 11:53 AM in response to Lyahdan

SAME PROBLEM! And WOW is it frustrating! BUT I think I've found a quick solution.

Type in any search. Anything at all. When the search results load, you'll see something that says "See all >>". When you click that button, you will see all the possible hits to your search show up in a full sized window. This allows you to see the full text of song title, time, artist, album, etc...hope this helps!

Oct 12, 2009 2:44 PM in response to strida

I might have your answer for you!

Here's how I can search by composer...

1. Goto the iTunes store from the left hand bar
2. In the store, click "Store" from the top bar
3. Click "Search"
4. In the search window that starts, choose "Music"
5. THe search opesn up so you can search by composer and all of the other values.

Does that do what you were trying to acomplish, or do you want to see these values in the store after the search is completed?

Oct 13, 2009 9:54 AM in response to iNexxFear

Thanks to Jesse M for the "See all >>" suggestion, which is better than nothing, and to iNexxFear for all your hard work, but I absolutely need the search results to come up with full functionality. The possibility of searching painstakingly by separate categories for Composer, Album etc. merely puts me at the mercy of the overworked, undereducated interns who have to type in such information, unaided of course by iTunes' hopelessness at categorising anything other than pop songs.

However, I've found a fantastic solution of my own. It's called Amazon. Only 69p a track. Searching isn't perfect, but it's far better than this appalling leap backwards by Apple.

Yes, I'm upset. But I see the thin end of a wedge that's turning Apple into Microsoft.

Does the iTunes store have any view options in iTunes 9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.