Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advanced Help Needed - Restoring iPhone data from Backup

Upon updating my iPhone 3G[S] from 3.1 to 3.1..2 I did a full restore, I made sure to backup the device before this. Post-update/restore I, accidentally, hit "Set up as new phone" therefore deleting my earlier backup, a backup I have been building on for over 2 years now. When realizing that iTunes had automatically deleted my backup, I quickly opened my file recovery program and got the whole backup folder restored to a separate drive. I moved the whole freshly-recovered back up folder to the correctly directory within iTunes appdata, right next to where my new/empty/useless backups where. Right clicking my device within iTunes and selecting "Restore from backup" my backup from earlier in the day was not listed. After further inspection of the backup folder that I had recovered I noticed that there was no Info.plist file. I went into the other/useless backup that iTunes had just made and brought the info.plist into my older backup folder, now in iTunes my older backup was listed, I selected it and attempted to restore to only receive an error half way through restore "(-32)" to be exact. I checked again and again with my recovery tools to see if the original info.plist file was deleted, it was not, I have no idea why it would be missing, but worse is that I have no idea how I can get iTunes to restore the backup without it, considering it doesn't even recognize it the backup as existing without it, is there way to create a custom info.plist so I could restore or force a restore outside of iTunes? Please any advice would be greatly appreciated !

HP DV2700, Other OS, Windows 7, iTunes 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 12, 2009 1:28 AM

There are no replies.

Advanced Help Needed - Restoring iPhone data from Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.