Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart folder glitches in Snow Leopard-help needed

I'm an avid fan of smart folders; they make my word a lot easier. I generally created these smart folders around 'Date Last Opened' and the most common file-types I use (Word, Keynote, Pages, etc).

In contrary to my experience with Leopard, smart folders aren't working that good in SL. The following problems arise

- Smart folder created from 'Opened in last seven days' doesn't update. It counts the seven days from the date the smart folder was created, not seven days from system date (and I use automatic Date and Time based on Apple Europe).
- Smart folder created from 'Opened in last week' uses Sunday as the starting day of the week, even though I set 'first day of the week' to Monday in System Preferences.

I just can't seem to get the smart folders for these criteria to work properly under SL and I would appreciate it if someone could point to useful documentation.

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 12, 2009 5:41 AM

2 replies

Oct 12, 2009 9:33 AM in response to NeedNoAlias

Something went seriously awry in the date saved in the Raw Query part of user generated SavedSearches. See my reply to this post:

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=10292658#10292658

What I did was to open my own RecentApps SavedSearch in Property List Editor and replace the faulty RawQuery with the one I copied from Apple's canned search. Not very elegant!

Be sure to let Apple know this is happening to you, and it matters:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

The only real fix has to come from them. I have not seen documentation on the problem.
Francine

User uploaded file
Francine
Schwieder

Smart folder glitches in Snow Leopard-help needed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.