Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Save Image As" keyboard shortut?

Hi,

I used to quickly save images in webpages in Internet Explorer by right-clicking on an image, pressing A (keyboard shortcut to "Save Image As") and then Enter. I could do this very quickly in sequence.

Now, I'm using a Mac and Safari and although it's leaps and bound over IE in speed, but I miss the keyboard shortcut to save images. Having to move the mouse to the correct selection really slows me down.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to achieve the same functionality in Safari for Mac?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook5,2 / 4GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), iPhone 3G

Posted on Oct 12, 2009 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 9:21 PM

Well... Ctrl+Click opens the context menu which was already known...

Anyway, I started testing and found that although a few options are mapped to keys like in Windows, at least the "Save Image As" option can be selected by pressing the S key. That way, saving an image to the last used folder can be done by way of ctrl+click, then "S", then Enter twice.

Still, 5 steps against 3 in Windows (right-click + "A" + Enter) but better than waste time selecting the menu items with the mouse.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 18, 2009 9:21 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Well... Ctrl+Click opens the context menu which was already known...

Anyway, I started testing and found that although a few options are mapped to keys like in Windows, at least the "Save Image As" option can be selected by pressing the S key. That way, saving an image to the last used folder can be done by way of ctrl+click, then "S", then Enter twice.

Still, 5 steps against 3 in Windows (right-click + "A" + Enter) but better than waste time selecting the menu items with the mouse.

"Save Image As" keyboard shortut?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.