Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Intermittent unable to find wireless network when no station ID

SL Pals:

Recently upgraded my MacBook to SL. Very nice. My home network is using WPA, but I have the station ID not broadcasting to improve security. Never had a problem with this before. Now, when waking my MacBook from sleep, about 20% of the time it just won't find the network. I then turn the airport off and on, and it finds it. Any idea how to boost reliability?

MacBook C2D White 1 GB, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 12, 2009 9:17 PM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2009 7:59 AM in response to theycallmefreddy

I am using a Netgear wireless g router. I have used this one for years, and it is totally reliable. Once I am logged in, it never drops. No, with Tiger, I would log in from sleep first time every time. I skipped Leopard. But when Snow Leopard came out, I decided to upgrade. That is when the problem started, so it must have something to do with the way Snow Leopard logs in. I could turn on broadcasting my station ID, but I just would prefer to leave it off for an added measure of security.

Intermittent unable to find wireless network when no station ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.