Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Insert Page Break Keyboard Shortcut doesnt work

13021 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2009 7:16 AM by cliveports RSS
cliveports Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 13, 2009 4:53 AM
According to the manual the shortcut for inserting a page break is Command-Enter, but it doesn't work for me. I use the short aluminium wireless keyboard so does this mean I cannot use this function as I'm guessing there is a difference between an Enter key and a Return key?
iMac intel 24", 2009 Model, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X (10.6)
  • PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (27,250 points)
    Oct 13, 2009 5:06 AM (in response to cliveports)
    Yes you are right.

I just tried command return and command enter (numerical keypad).

The first just beeps and the 2nd gives a page break.

I am not happy about the muddying of the waters with the truncated keyboard. I asked at the local Apple Store how do you get forward delete, home, page down etc and nobody knew. It is just another step on the inexorable path to making the Mac harder to use.

Peter
    Aluminium iMac 24" 2.8Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.8), The closest you'll ever get to there, is here.
  • Badunit Level 6 Level 6 (10,760 points)
    Have you tried the Fn key. On the notebook computer keyboards the combinations are:
    fn+Delete is a forward delete
    fn+left arrow is home
    fn+up arrow is page up
    fn+down arrow is page down
    fn+right arrow is end
    fn+Return is Enter

I am assuming the truncated keyboard for the Mac has an Fn fey. I don't have one to look at to verify that assumption.
    Mac Pro 2008, Mac OS X (10.5.6)
  • PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7 (27,250 points)
    Oct 13, 2009 7:14 AM (in response to Badunit)
    I found this:

!http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt206/tipsntricks/wired420090306.jpg!

Don't have one to try though.

Still my comment stands. It is just another layer of concealed functionality.

P.
    Aluminium iMac 24" 2.8Ghz, Mac OS X (10.5.8), The closest you'll ever get to there, is here.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.