Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert Page Break Keyboard Shortcut doesnt work

According to the manual the shortcut for inserting a page break is Command-Enter, but it doesn't work for me. I use the short aluminium wireless keyboard so does this mean I cannot use this function as I'm guessing there is a difference between an Enter key and a Return key?

iMac intel 24", 2009 Model, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 5:06 AM

Yes you are right.

I just tried command return and command enter (numerical keypad).

The first just beeps and the 2nd gives a page break.

I am not happy about the muddying of the waters with the truncated keyboard. I asked at the local Apple Store how do you get forward delete, home, page down etc and nobody knew. It is just another step on the inexorable path to making the Mac harder to use.

Peter
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2009 5:06 AM in response to cliveports

Yes you are right.

I just tried command return and command enter (numerical keypad).

The first just beeps and the 2nd gives a page break.

I am not happy about the muddying of the waters with the truncated keyboard. I asked at the local Apple Store how do you get forward delete, home, page down etc and nobody knew. It is just another step on the inexorable path to making the Mac harder to use.

Peter

Oct 13, 2009 6:49 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Have you tried the Fn key. On the notebook computer keyboards the combinations are:
fn+Delete is a forward delete
fn+left arrow is home
fn+up arrow is page up
fn+down arrow is page down
fn+right arrow is end
fn+Return is Enter

I am assuming the truncated keyboard for the Mac has an Fn fey. I don't have one to look at to verify that assumption.

Insert Page Break Keyboard Shortcut doesnt work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.