Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CanoScan LiDE 200

Hi There,

My CanoScan LiDE scanner is recognised by the "print and fax" preference section but when in Preview, i click...

*File -> Import from Scanner -> CanoScan LiDE 200*

...it opens a new window entitled "Import from CanoScan LiDE 200" but displays this message:

*"Failed to Open a Session on the Device"*

Does anyone else have this issue? Im running 10.6.1 with the latest cannon drivers from the apple website.

Thanks.
Matt.

Macbook Pro 17" 2.4 4GB, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 13, 2009 2:43 PM

7 replies

Oct 17, 2009 3:36 AM in response to Matthewhorton

Hi Matt,

The link is for the scanner driver only. No other software is installed.

I don't believe the scanner drivers are updated by the Canon update provided by Apple - at least I could find no reference to them. The only scanners I think that are supported by the update are those that are part of an AIO (All In One).

Pahu

Oct 17, 2009 5:17 AM in response to Matthewhorton

I'm starting to run out of ideas. I don't know if the error is related to permissions or some other program that would have control of the USB port. The other thing I am not entirely sure of is where all the scanner driver files are kept. There will be a data source file located in Library > Image Capture > TWAIN Data Sources. But I think there is also other files that are installled. Do you have an installer log file in the root (hard drive folder) that we could use as a reference?

One thing you can try is to make another user account on your Mac and see if you can perform a scan using these two apps.

Another suggestion would be to look at using a different scanning application suite, like Canon's MP Navigator or Hamrick's Vuescan.

I would also try setting Image Capture to open in 32bit mode (done via the Get Info pane).

Pahu

CanoScan LiDE 200

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.