Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie 09 (8.0.5) / snow leopard and green screen

Hello,
i use an imac (late 2006 model intel core 2 duo 2,16 ghz, 3 Go of ram), imovie 8.0.4, snow leopard 10.6.1 (french).

i try to use the green screen for the first time today. creating a animation in .mov with cheetah3D.
this .mov reads fine in imovie but if i want to use it with the green screen function it appears white and keying doesn't work. the same thing with a simple picture of a green screen. they appears white no blending, no keying, no alpha, just white picture or movie...

i updated my imovie to 8.0.5 no change the problem is still here, deleted my prefs too...

Please help!!! thanks per advance and i'm sorry for my english...

imac intel 2,16 ghz core 2 duo 3 Go of ram, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 12:21 PM

What codec does cheetah 3d render the file in? (Find out by opening in QuickTime Player, pressing Command-I to open the Inspector, and then look next to the word "Format". (not sure what this word is in French).

I suspect you will find that this function was designed to work with footage shot in front of a physical green screen with a camcorder (as opposed to an animation).

My guess is that for this to work for you, you would have to render the file in a format that a camcorder can produce, like DV, h.264, or AIC at 25fps (assuming you are PAL).
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2009 12:21 PM in response to Laurent Vieillefault

What codec does cheetah 3d render the file in? (Find out by opening in QuickTime Player, pressing Command-I to open the Inspector, and then look next to the word "Format". (not sure what this word is in French).

I suspect you will find that this function was designed to work with footage shot in front of a physical green screen with a camcorder (as opposed to an animation).

My guess is that for this to work for you, you would have to render the file in a format that a camcorder can produce, like DV, h.264, or AIC at 25fps (assuming you are PAL).

imovie 09 (8.0.5) / snow leopard and green screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.