Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing Won't Connect (kind of)

Here's what happens.

1. I connect to the other computer for screen sharing. I fill out the login/password, and press connect. The window for screen sharing stays blank. After about 8 seconds it'll say "reconnecting," then the cycle repeats itself.

2. I close the window.

3. I connect to the other computer for screen sharing. I fill out the login/password, and press connect. The window for screen sharing stays blank. After about 8 seconds it'll say "reconnecting," then the cycle repeats itself.

4. I change the preferences to "show the screen at full quality" as opposed to "adapt quality to network conditions"

5. I close the screen sharing window

6. I connect, and it works

Why is this happening?

Here's another issue:

Sometimes on the third try an old account name that was deleted on the computer I'm attempting to share screens with autofills in the login information. And, the old account works. It lets me screen share. Why would it allow me to screen share with a DELETED account?

Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz (Santa Rosa), Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 14, 2009 6:19 PM

There are no replies.

Screen Sharing Won't Connect (kind of)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.