Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wierd looking wave forms in Logic.

I don´t know if this is has something to do with with Logic, or if this is related to my recording(but, which is more likely).

http://web.me.com/henning.skogh/Waves/Waves.html

Does anyone have an ide what causes this kind of wave form. It does look clipped (but it is not as I understand) at the bottom and long tiny transients at the top. I have not used any compression when recording, but the preamp has the possibility to change impedance.

Art preamp --> Presonus Firepod --> Logic Pro.

All the best, Mastergod.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5)

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 11:42 AM

13 replies

Oct 17, 2009 12:18 PM in response to bill borez

Is this a stereo- or a mono-track ?

If it's stereo, then yes, the left side (upper half of the display) is louder than the right side (lower half of display). Possibly causes are: different levels in the recording room, different settings of mic pre, different settings of input tratment (if any).

If it is a mono track, then it seems either the mic or the mic pre is not working correctly. Looking at the body of the wave, it appears the level of positive part of the wave (upper half of the display) is the same as the negative part (lower half of display), but the transients on the negative parts are severely cut off. Dodgy power supply rails spring to mind.

Post a closer zoom if possibly.

Christian

Wierd looking wave forms in Logic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.