Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD SLIDESHOW AUDIO -- How do I make the songs change manually?

I've created a slideshow and inserted a playlist, but I really want certain songs to play when certain photos are showing. And I want a song to stop and go to the next one when I want it to. Can I do this with IDVD? Or do I need a more sophisticated program? HELP!

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2)

Posted on Oct 17, 2009 6:55 PM

1 reply

Oct 17, 2009 8:56 PM in response to ascotsgranny

Hi ascotsgranny

Welcome to apple discussions. You're asking more of iDvd that it can do in terms of a manual slideshow advance Plus manual audio. Simply can't be done within iDvd alone.

If you plan to use iDvd (as opposed to DVDSP/ apple's FCS) then you need to work within iDvd's limitations. So here's what I recommend for your own situation (again staying within iDvd's capabilities).

Consider making one slideshow per song (not to exceed 99 images per slideshow). Use iDvd's fit to audio capabilities per given slideshow / presentation. Let's say you have 3 or 4 slideshows on your iDvd. The Dvd will return to the main menu after each slideshow presentation giving the opportunity to interject any comments or to entertain questions after that once each show is presented to your audience. Then simply select the next slideshow on the main menu screen when you are ready to proceed.

Might this work for you?

If this simply won't work for you and you absolutely must have full control of all audio plus a manual advance of each slide through iDvd; then forget about adding any audio within iDvd to your images. Instead create a manual advance show/s to your own liking. Then add the specific audio files you want to the dvd-rom section of the dvd. Present the manual slideshow to your audience. And also copy audio files to iTunes library. Play it separately as you present the slides manually. You will need to use your mac as the presentation device (perhaps with an LCD projection screen or large display for example) in order to have 2 or more apps running at the same time (in this case apple's dvd player app plus apple's iTunes app). I just tested this procedure on my own mac and it should work for you also.

Click Here
User uploaded file

But please keep in mind, I personally haven't done this in front of an audience. So, I'd test this procedure well ahead of my planned presentation; just to make sure it works exactly as expected.

Hope this helps but if not just come on back.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: SDMacuser

IDVD SLIDESHOW AUDIO -- How do I make the songs change manually?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.