Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Diskwarrior

Does's anyone know why I can't boot my MBP from a diskwarrior disk?

I've downloaded the latest version 4.2 and I'm running 10.5.8. Everything else seems to work but it won't boot from the disc ( which is kind off vital!)

Mac book pro,G5,G4,G3,Performa and even a Mac aquarium!

Posted on Oct 18, 2009 5:39 AM

6 replies

Oct 18, 2009 6:06 AM in response to Clive P.

Can you boot the MBP from the installer DVD that came with it? If so, your drive is working, and the trouble must lie in the DiskWarrior disc you burned. Contact Alsoft tech support — they will help you isolate and solve the problem. One possibility that occurs to me is that the downloaded disc image may not contain a new enough version of the Mac OS to boot your machine, particularly if the machine is very new.

Oct 18, 2009 10:08 AM in response to Clive P.

Thanks everyone, my MBP is a 15" model and just under a year old. I'm not having problems with it, I downloaded the update and burnt a disc at work as the G5 I use everyday was running slow. The G5 ( running tiger) booted from the disc okay and diskwarrior sorted it out nicely so I just thought I'd try it on the MBP incase it needed it. But every time you try to boot up it just closes down and then boots up again, and again and again.

I'll try booting from an external drive when I'm back at work, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a problem using MBP's and discwarrior.

Using Diskwarrior

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.