Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon printer problem solved

I am still frustrated, that Canon has not yet solved the driver problems with my printer (IRC 4580)
I was browsing Sunday evening, and via Google I ended on Canon Australia's website:
http://www.canon.com.au/drivers/
And suddenly I found a full list of drivers for OSX 10.6 including my printer. I have installed, it and it works for all post copy handling systems on the printer (booklet, stables, punching etc.).
Perhaps Canon can find a way to communicate this for the rest of the world.
Best regards
Lars Kristensen
Denmark

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 19, 2009 2:04 AM

3 replies

Oct 19, 2009 4:57 AM in response to Lars Kristensen

Hi Lars,

The UFR2 v2.00 driver listed on the Canon Australia web site was created before Snow Leopard was released. The included Readme doesn't list 10.6 as a supported version so Australia's decision to show 10.6 being supported is probably based on local testing rather than a directive from Canon Inc, hence Europe's decision not to show the same.

As for the PPD v2.70 supporting 10.6, again it is not listed in the included documentation as supported but given that it is just a PPD without any plugins then it is not surprising that it works, hence the supported tag on the web site.

Pahu

Oct 20, 2009 12:15 PM in response to PAHU

Helo Pahu
I do not understand your response. The Australian printer driver is a newer version than the driver, we can find on the Canon WEB site for Europe.
As I have realised everything works with Snowleopard opposite the newest version on the Europe WEB site.
So I can recommend everyone with a Canon CRI4580 to download this driver. It works.
Best regards
Lars Kristensen

Oct 20, 2009 12:47 PM in response to Lars Kristensen

Hello Lars,

i agree with you that the v2.00 of the UFR2 driver works. I have been recommending it for a while now in this forum.

However, during my testing I found that it did not always work perfectly on 10.6 and it did not support all the models of Canon iR. So while it is currently working to your iRC4580, it may not be your final solution because it was not designed to work with 10.6 and I just wanted to make others who read your post aware of this.

Also, because the driver does not officially support 10.6, I was suggesting this as an explanation why Canon
Europe had not posted the same.

One final note. For the sake of other readers If the iRC4580 had an imagePASS-H1 print controller attached, rather than using the internal Canon board, then the UFR2 driver cannot be used.

Hope this clears things up. Like I said, I wasn't disagreeing with you. i was just trying to answer some of the items you raised.

Pahu

Canon printer problem solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.