Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems Printing From PC (Windows XP) Through Airport Express

I have a MacBook Pro running Leopard and a Canon MX310 Printer. I have a wireless network set up with an AirPort Express. I can use the internet and printer through the wireless network. I also have PC running Windows XP Service Pac 2. I can use the internet, but I cannot print through the wireless network. I have uninstalled and re-installed Bonjour for Windows. I called Apple and they were unable to fix the problem. Please help!!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.9), Toshiba Windows XP Service Pac 2

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 5:39 PM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2009 4:46 PM in response to Gemini12

I am having the same problem. I am able to use my macbookpro to print to the printer connected to the extreme however the windows computer cant find it. I was able, however, to locate the printer by connecting to my macbook under networkplaces/workgroup. Its a backdoor way of accessing it by going through the macbook and not the airport extreme. The only problem is that the macbook has to be on for me to print to the shared printer. Anyone know how to access the printer through the airport extreme using a windows computer? I couldnt get my macbook to connect to my windows computer either... anyone know how to do that?

Problems Printing From PC (Windows XP) Through Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.