Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Show/Hide controls?

I'm building a concert of all my "go to" patches...a bunch are B3 kinda things and a bunch are everything else (pianos, synths, splits, etc). What I want to do is have the B3 drawbars visible and working for the B3 patches, but not visible on the other patches that don't use a B3.

Again, the idea is that this would be all in the same concert.

Is this even possible? Some trickery?

Thanks.

Mac Pro 3.0 8-core / MacBook Pro 2.4 / iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 20, 2009 7:10 PM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2009 4:11 PM in response to dhjdhj

They are only marked as unassigned in edit mode, if you switch to perform or full screen mode they become transparent and inactive. It is recommended that when you want to perform with MainStage, you use one of these two modes since it activates additional performance optimizations that make MainStage faster and more responsive.

Oct 26, 2009 5:08 PM in response to rc tech

I've tried it a couple of times and this doesn't seem to be the case with the drawbar controls.

I added the group of drawbars in layout and assigned each drawbar to the appropriate upper manual drawbar inside EVB3 in edit mode. When I switch to Perform or Fullscreen, the drawbars move to the correct setting when I go to the B3 patch, but when I switch to a non-B3 patch (and not assigned), the drawbars change to full (8) and are still completely visible and not grayed out.

Something else I noticed that's odd about Mainstage, in general, it doesn't really want to show the value of something onscreen. Meaning, I'd like something visible to show me if the Leslie is in choral or fast mode, but it doesn't report the change...if you know what I mean. It just wants to duplicate hardware controls instead of having the ability to show values on the screen. Does that make sense?

Anyway, it would be great if Mainstage had that ability.

Show/Hide controls?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.