Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Show/Hide controls?

1708 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 26, 2009 5:08 PM by pizzafilms RSS
pizzafilms Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 20, 2009 7:10 PM
I'm building a concert of all my "go to" patches...a bunch are B3 kinda things and a bunch are everything else (pianos, synths, splits, etc). What I want to do is have the B3 drawbars visible and working for the B3 patches, but not visible on the other patches that don't use a B3.

Again, the idea is that this would be all in the same concert.

Is this even possible? Some trickery?

Thanks.
Mac Pro 3.0 8-core / MacBook Pro 2.4 / iPhone 3GS, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • gilapuki Level 3 Level 3 (530 points)
    Oct 22, 2009 9:08 AM (in response to pizzafilms)
    if you leave a control unassigned in your patch, it will show as a blank silhouette. That may be all you need to do.
    iMac G5: MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • dhjdhj Level 2 Level 2 (160 points)
    Oct 24, 2009 5:15 AM (in response to pizzafilms)
    Yes, I'd actually like this for any control --- if a particular patch doesn't use certain controls, then I'd like them to be not visible rather than marked as unassigned....it would remove a lot of clutter.
    Mac OS X (10.6.1), Check my bio for more details.
  • rc tech Level 2 Level 2 (215 points)
    Oct 26, 2009 4:11 PM (in response to dhjdhj)
    They are only marked as unassigned in edit mode, if you switch to perform or full screen mode they become transparent and inactive. It is recommended that when you want to perform with MainStage, you use one of these two modes since it activates additional performance optimizations that make MainStage faster and more responsive.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.