Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Transition Duration Incorrect

I have just had this problem with the new FCP Studio. In FCP, whenever I make custom transitions to put in favorites tab, the effect is never the duration I choose. For example, if I make a custom Cross Dissolve for a duration of 20 frames, the length tab in the effect panel will say 20 frames long. However, when I add the transition to the timeline, it will be something different... like 24 frames long. A 15 frame custom dissolve will be 18 sec. But, a 30 frame dissolve will be right on... 30 frames. I am working in a normal NTSC 29.97 frame sequence.
Any ideas? It's annoying to have to change the duration of custom frames... or make a custom dissolve that is 12 frames long so it ends up being 14 frames when I put it in the timeline.

And yes, I trashed prefs.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 10:50 AM

3 replies

Oct 22, 2009 11:23 AM in response to videocrafter

I edit in drop frame, but my prefs/settings (which I believe to be correct) haven't changed in the past 2-3 years since I've been dealing with XDCAM. Even if I make my custom transition duration using the Frame or feet option, instead of SS:FF, I'll still have the duration change when I put it on the timeline. And the change is substantial... adding 4 frames to a 20 frame dissolve for example. But, I'm open to any suggestions or things to try.

Custom Transition Duration Incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.