Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

differentiate the ori set of 3GS with the fake set

anyone who knows how to differentiate the ori set of 3gs with the fake or clone set??
since there are a lot of clone or the china set out there..
thanks..

HP Pavilion tx 1000, Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 2:57 PM

jhart.malique wrote:
anyone who knows how to differentiate the ori set of 3gs with the fake or clone set??
thanks..

If you mean how do you tell if its a 3GS has opposed to the other iphone models. There will be a Compass app, which I'm sure is only on the 3GS.
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 22, 2009 2:57 PM in response to jhart.malique

jhart.malique wrote:
thanks..

If you mean how do you tell if its a 3GS has opposed to the other iphone models. There will be a Compass app, which I'm sure is only on the 3GS.

Oct 30, 2009 8:09 AM in response to jhart.malique

Wouldn't it depend on the particular clone? I mean, when you look at iPhone clone's at sites like www.wholesalediy.com there are dozens of them. Some are obviously NOT a real iPhone, but a few are pretty similar looking. And I would imagine if the clone maker isn't overly bothered with legalities, they would try their best to make theirs indistinguishable from the real deal.

I think the best way to protect yourself is to buy from an official iPhone carrier at one of their corp. stores or outlets, or buy from Apple itself. If you buy something from a street vendor or from some shady seeming web site, you are more likely to get stuck with an imitation.

Remember that old standby rule, if a deal seems far too good to be true, it almost certainly isn't so.

Oct 30, 2009 8:20 AM in response to paulcb

If you're trying to determine a fake in person it should be pretty easy playing with the phone and performing tasks will immediately tip you off to fakes, also I have seen a lot of posts that the fakes have tactile feedback screens NOT true iPhone screens...if they feel like the LG Voyager screen or LG Dare etc...a fast give away...if you're trying to do this by pictures I'd say don't buy anything you feel is shady sounding the too goo to be true feeling...Fakes do physically look the same in most cases so telling them apart by pics is very very hard.

This link below and a bunch of others can be found by doing a google or Youtube search and may help you in your questions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_TZfpEvzrQ

Nov 8, 2009 2:39 PM in response to jhart.malique

thanks to all of ur great responses..
im just 19,yet still a college student..
i was just going through the local online purchasing websites..
they r bunch of them,i mean the clone one..
and like one of u have said,
the prices are too good to be true..
since i'm a student,i dont have a lot of money then..
for sure im looking for something cheaper..thats all..
plus i dont have the brain yet to imitate or clone the iphone..
there's local telecommunication company, has come with iphone's contract..so i'll just get one for me there..
big thanks for being responsive.. nice discussion anyway..

differentiate the ori set of 3GS with the fake set

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.