Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't encode to XDCAM HD 422@50mps

Whenever I try to encode to XDCAM HD 422@ 50mps i only get 25mps playback in quicktime or Mpeg streamclip... Am I supposed to be able to make these files?

Final Cut Studio 2
quicktime
mpegstreamclip
flip 4 mac

MacPro 2 X 2.8 quad core 8G RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.5), Multibridge Pro 2

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 1:29 PM

5 replies

Oct 26, 2009 7:04 AM in response to jpitts

Again, I'm editing in Final Cut Pro v6.0.5. The Full workflow is this:
to restrain storage requirements, i am trying to encode incoming source material, some DV being uprezed and some HD, to a common codec XDCAM HD 422@50Mbps. I've used the 720p codec in the Apple set for final cut pro and most of the transcoding of the material is being done in Compressor. But when I make the transcode it shows up with these specs from"VideoSpec":

* Video Track Parameters *
- Format: xd59
- Size: 194 MiB (99%)
- FourCC: xd59
- Bitrate: Max.: Undefined
_**Average: 27.1 Mbps**_
Min.: Undefined
- Frame rate (fps): Max.: ---
Average: 29.970
Min.: ---
- Bitrate mode: Variable
- Encoding profile: Undefined
- Resolution: Undefined
- Width (Pixel number): 1280
- Height (Pixel number): 720
- Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1:1
- Display aspect ratio: 16:9
- Chroma subsampling format: YUV422p
- TV standard: Undefined

with the bitrate around 27 Mbps but the chroma sampling @YUV422. Also this is supposed to be a CONSTANT Bitrate and it is shown as a Variable

thanks Again

Nov 5, 2009 8:12 AM in response to jpitts

This is what i've found... the 720p Mpeg HD 422 codecs in Compressor is not working correctly. i have done test with the 1080p codecs and they work fine... encoding in the 50 mbps range, (still VBR however). I don't know if the reason is that they just didn't work when they shipped the software or if one of the updates broke it. I do know that it is possible using Episode ver. 5.3. I downloaded a trial and it worked. I only wished any one of the Apple reps knowledgeable in this area would have given me a shout.

Waiting for the fix........
joe

Nov 5, 2009 8:13 AM in response to jpitts

This is what i've found... the 720p Mpeg HD 422 codecs in Compressor is not working correctly. i have done test with the 1080p codecs and they work fine... encoding in the 50 mbps range, (still VBR however). I don't know if the reason is that they just didn't work when they shipped the software or if one of the updates broke it. I do know that it is possible using Episode ver. 5.3. I downloaded a trial and it worked. I only wished any one of the Apple reps knowledgeable in this area would have given me a shout.

Waiting for the fix........
joe

Can't encode to XDCAM HD 422@50mps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.