9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2009 5:38 PM by Sales-Ed
pachyx Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
Earlier today I added one contact in my Address Book and edited another.

After several hours, neither change has shown up on MobileMe nor on my iPhone.

Changes that I made to iCal have shown up both in MobileMe and on my iPhone.

I have even "forced" a sync but Contacts refuse to sync.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • Ingo2711 Level 7 Level 7 (20,480 points)
    Did you try these suggestions? Sync Services: Advanced troubleshooting for contact and calendar syncing: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2481
  • pachyx Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    You state:

"Very odd way to treat a fellow iphone user who tried to help."

Help - with what? a totally irrelevant comment? RTFM?

Seems like you would be at least a little polite to someone who tried to help.

I am polite - but don't waste my time with nonsense.

If you can't help - don't post.

Comments without any possible/potential solutions are a waste of everyone's time.

Don't comment on my posts - post a solution or stay out.
    Good Luck.
    "
  • roaminggnome Level 10 Level 10 (93,545 points)
    I will do what I like.

You are absolutely not polite. There is no reason for your poor attitude.

Good luck.

With your attitude you'll need it.
  • malfumus14 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    It has also happened to me about a month ago. After that one of my friend suggested me to reset my address book. After resetting the address book, all has started working as good as before. You may get some help on resetting your address book in the following link-
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1497
  • pachyx Level 1 Level 1 (30 points)
    Thank you.

I have done that before and it often, but not always works.

The problem is - you have to be at your Mac to do it.
    Often I will update, say address book or calendar on my macbook pro, and then leave, to say fly somewhere.

By the time I realize that my iphone has not been updated, I'm sitting on a runway somewhere.

A few solutions;
    1. reset every time after I update - kind of defeats the purpose of "da cloud" - sort of like Tattoo "Look boss, da claoud, da cloud"
    2. carry my macbook pro with me - then why do I need an iphone, my old nokia was ok
    3. have an app on the iphone that allows me to run "back to my mac" - assuming that apple fixes all the problems with BTMM.

It's like the instructions - Shampoo, Rinse, Repeat
    only it's Update, sync, reset again and again.

Thanks again.
  • MACK35810 Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    I started to have this problem with my MAC Address Book after I upgraded my iPhone OS to 3.1.2. Anybody have similar experiences? Does Tech Support have an email address?
  • Sales-Ed Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I am having a similar problem (iphone 3.1.2 / macbook pro 10.6.1). I use mac address book for my contacts, have made several changes to contacts while working on my mac, but am unable to get the updates transfered to my iphone. I do not use mobleMe, just sync it every day before I shut down. This means that I do not have iSync (I sync via iTunes and cable). I have tried restoring from back up and resetting as a new phone. Nothing works so far.

Solutions are appreciated.
  • Ingo2711 Level 7 Level 7 (20,480 points)
    Even if you don't use MobileMe, try to reset the sync history in iSync (in applications folder) and see if this helps.
  • Sales-Ed Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Thanks, this worked for me the 3rd time around. I can confirm the statement made elsewhere that one needs to ensure that Address Book is not open.