Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot cut and paste text completely in Pages

I tried cutting and pasting some text from Safari--about 9 pages worth of text--to Pages, but it only pasted 2 pages. Is this a Snow Leopard problem? Or should I consider installing Word now?

MacBook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2009 6:29 PM

Have you tried any alternatives at all to really determine the problem, whatever it may be?

Like pasting it into another program such as *TextEdit, Bean or iTextExpress* ?

iTextExpress for a start gives you a pageless mode where there are no page margins to cut off extra wide content.

Have you checked if the text has not popped somewhere, but actually is in Pages?

Have you noticed at what point the text has broken off and if there is any special about that?

Have you tried pasting it into a demo of Word to see if it actually is a solution?

The Mac universe does extend beyond Pages and Word:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewtopic.php?t=47&mforum=iworktipsn trick

Peter
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2009 6:29 PM in response to rickyv

Have you tried any alternatives at all to really determine the problem, whatever it may be?

Like pasting it into another program such as *TextEdit, Bean or iTextExpress* ?

iTextExpress for a start gives you a pageless mode where there are no page margins to cut off extra wide content.

Have you checked if the text has not popped somewhere, but actually is in Pages?

Have you noticed at what point the text has broken off and if there is any special about that?

Have you tried pasting it into a demo of Word to see if it actually is a solution?

The Mac universe does extend beyond Pages and Word:

http://www.freeforum101.com/iworktipsntrick/viewtopic.php?t=47&mforum=iworktipsn trick

Peter

Oct 23, 2009 8:52 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

I pasted the text into TextEdit, then tried opening the RTF file with Pages. Same result: just 2 pages of text. The text seems to be cut off at the end of the second page. I tried selecting the text in Pages and changed the font size. More of the text showed up when I reduced the font size. And the word count shows 4,475. That means the rest of the text is somewhere in the Pages document, except that it's not being displayed. Seems like a Pages glitch.

I paid for this application so I expect it to work. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Oct 23, 2009 9:40 PM in response to rickyv

Try *iText Express* or TextEdit with +Wrap to Window+.

I suspect you are hitting a page which simply doesn't fit between Page's margins.

You could also paste into a much bigger Page's document, legal or A3 size, maybe landscape.

Another alternative is paste and match style, which should strip off any graphics and fit it to the local formatting.

Peter

cannot cut and paste text completely in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.