Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

buttons not responding!

My phone is on but completely unusable. It was working normally one minute and now it is not. I am unable to get any response from the touch screen or power button. I tried calling my phone and it recognized an incoming call but again the touchscreen was disabled. When I press the home button now the screen lights up but is black only displaying the screen header at the top "att 3g time etc". Surprisingly the volume buttons work and sleep vibrate also.

Self-Built, Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 24, 2009 11:43 AM

3 replies

Oct 24, 2009 5:12 PM in response to dcompiled

im not gung ho for the restore its the os problem and according to apple tech support the only thing that seems to fix the problem is a restore as a new phone. after having my phone replaced 3X restored each 4X then wiping the hard drive reinstalling itunes 12X and apple tech support guided me through all their steps it took a restore as a new phone thats why i suggest a restore if apple wouls fix the os problem everyone would be happy. i was in at&t store and three new phones froze the person buying the phone cancelled and went to verizon.

buttons not responding!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.