Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vmWareFusion/explorer is starting always why?

Maybe this is not typical 10.6 but since view days vmware fusion starts and starts with http://www.apple.com/macosx/get on internet explorer when i choose MAC OSX software under the apple menu and everytime i select a file with extension webloc this happens also.. Even when i choose getinfo and set the application for all .webloc to safari vmware fusion always starts. how can i prevent vmware fusion to start when choosing .webloc files? And why vmware fusion starts when choosing macos software on apple menu?

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 8:12 AM

2 replies

Oct 25, 2009 9:35 AM in response to rjonk

solved the problem myself.. I could not find the solution in the macOSX so tried to find the solution inside VMware fusion.. there is a preference setting "default applications" in vmware where you can set the default browser. I did not set this before. so I set the default browser to safari in these settings and on mac I tried it and safari started again. Then I reset the default applications on vmware fusion again by unchecking the default browser setting ( like it was before) and everything works again...

vmWareFusion/explorer is starting always why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.