Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand crashing on close

Ever since upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard, I've been having problems with GarageBand crashing on exit. Every time I exit the program, it hangs, then I get the error report about it crashing. GarageBand seems quite stable while using it, but when quitting it always just crashes.

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Have you had any other problems in Snow Leopard?

Thanks,
Alex

MacBook - Late 2008, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 1:31 PM

6 replies

Nov 20, 2009 5:28 AM in response to eiskalteschatten

Alex,
I discovered your thread by chance as I too am having the exact same problem with my Garageband ever since upgrading to Snow Leopard. You didn't mention which version of Garageband you are using though, so I'm not sure whether we are dealing with the same issue.

In my case I'm using Garageband 08. I also use my Macbook Pro mostly when logged into a user account without administrator rights and this is where I have had crashing issues upon exiting, (not always, but at random times). The few times I've run Garageband 08 when logged in as administrator, I've yet to see the problem, but since I rarely log in as admin, this may or may not be a good clue.

Being new to these forums, I still have much to learn about posting and searching. That being said, I want to ask whether you may have received more responses if your thread had been posted in the Garageband 08 sub-category?

Steve

Dec 11, 2009 7:03 PM in response to hookmonk

hookmonk wrote:
In my case I'm using Garageband 08. I also use my Macbook Pro mostly when logged into a user account without administrator rights and this is where I have had crashing issues upon exiting, (not always, but at random times). The few times I've run Garageband 08 when logged in as administrator, I've yet to see the problem, but since I rarely log in as admin, this may or may not be a good clue.

It would never have occurred to me that that would make a difference, but with your experience, the fix sounds as easy as giving your GB user administrator privileges.

GarageBand crashing on close

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.