Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech QuickCam pro 9000

Hi there,
So I am currently using my iSight camera for everything, but I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 and it doesn't even get recognised on the Mac. So I was just wondering if this webcam actually works with the new iMac, or is not possible ? Because I really would like to use, since (no offence) it is better than the iSight camera.

Thank you,

Sangiev

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 25, 2009 3:06 PM

6 replies

Oct 26, 2009 7:57 AM in response to sangiev

sangiev wrote:
Hi there,
So I am currently using my iSight camera for everything, but I have a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 and it doesn't even get recognised on the Mac. So I was just wondering if this webcam actually works with the new iMac, or is not possible ? Because I really would like to use, since (no offence) it is better than the iSight camera.

Thank you,

Sangiev

It should work. You may have a faulty connection. Try a different USB port, then a different USB cable.

If still having problems, restart Mac. Then, with your QCPro 9000 connected, look in your System Profiler to see if it is recognized as a USB device.
 
If you can see the cam in SysProfler, check iChat, QuickTimeX, and iMovie to see if it works in those apps. (You will need to select the Logitech camera in Preferences for the iChat and QTX apps. Use the "Import from Camera" choices bar to select in iMovie.)

EZ Jim

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz w/Mac OS X (10.6.1)  MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.1)
G5DP1.8GHz (10.5.8) G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11) iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9) LED Cinema Display External iSight

Nov 1, 2009 7:50 PM in response to sangiev

sangiev wrote:
Hi there,
thanks for all the answers, I indeed changed the USB port and Bamm, it worked 🙂 So thanks a lot, this site has some great people 🙂

You're welcome.

And you are certainly correct that Discussions has some great people, including those who post good, honest questions like yours! However, I see you have not marked your topic "Answered". Do you need any other info before you close your topic?

Cheers,
EZ Jim

Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz w/Mac OS X (10.6.1)  MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.1)
LED Cinema Display  G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11)  iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9)  External iSight

Logitech QuickCam pro 9000

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.