Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More Podcast sync problems

From searching the forum it sounds as of iTunes 9 has lots of podcast sync issues. I'm having two issues I was not able to find discussed before:

I have some of my podcasts (but not all) set to auto-sync. I have them set to load the "5 least recent unplayed." The problem is that on one podcast, not only to I get the 5 least recent unplayed, I get in addition 2 played episodes every. single. time. It's always the same two. I've tried changing to other options -- for example, the 5 most recent unplayed. I still get the same two played podcasts in addition to the unplayed ones that I want. I've tried marking the two problem episodes unplayed and then played again (or rather "unwatched/watched" -- rather silly nomenclature for audio material....) but it makes no difference.

The second problem that I'm having is that my unmanaged podcasts -- the ones that I don't have set to autosync and that I manage manually -- get erased from the iPod every time I connect it. My expectation would be that these would be untouched by iTunes, neither loading new ones nor removing those already on the iPod.

If these problems have been discussed before, pointers to those discussions would be appreciated. If not, any suggestions are welcomed!

Cheers!
iTunes 9.0.1, iPod nano 2nd gen.

(EDIT: I tried doing a restore on the iPod but it made no difference. I didn't really expect it to as this feels more like an iTunes problem, but it was worth a try....)

Message was edited by: Declan MacLeod

iBook, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 7:26 AM

1 reply

More Podcast sync problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.