Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Classic 160 GB - Wont turn off?

I just got a new Ipod classic 160 GB version. I wanted to ask if it's just me or do the new classic's not turn off? Whenever I hold play, the screen and music shut off, but the ipod isn't completely off. Then, when I press a button or take hold off, the screen just lights up again without the preload apple logo screen.

Help?

Ipod Classic 160, Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 28, 2009 7:46 PM

2 replies

Oct 29, 2009 8:34 AM in response to nandez

Deggie's response is correct... when you hold the play/pause button the ipod goes to sleep mode... The screen will just go dark... Basically you're forcing it off before the iPod does it's normal delay to put itself into this mdoe.

There are only 3 or so times that you will ever see the iPod logo..

1 - If you manually reboot the iPod through the center & menu button
2 - If you have recently updated the iPod's firmware
3 - If the iPod has been unused for an extended time frame (usually quite a few days - almost a week) without being used. This is the only time that the iPod truely shuts down that far.

While in sleep any button will immediately resume the device to an instant on...

Ipod Classic 160 GB - Wont turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.