Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Raw Support

I've got a Canon 7D and have found that Aperture does recognise the format when is the raw file going to be updated?

Thanks

Andy

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 1:15 PM

11 replies

Oct 31, 2009 9:30 AM in response to Andreas Yankopolus

Andreas Yankopolus wrote:
You're obviously new around here. Aperture is not a program for early adopters of cameras. Raw support for Nikon and Canon cameras typically ships within a few months of the camera shipping.

And support for a whole load of cameras never arrives at all. That is how Aperture is and how it has been for some years now, and I don't suppose it will change any time soon. If it is important to you to have RAW support for a wide range of cameras, then Aperture is really useless to you.

Oct 31, 2009 10:41 AM in response to Andy2461

Hi

I would recommend you clone your drive before uploading the latest camera raw update when it comes.
We got caught out when an earlier update corrupted some camera raw's that were working prior to update fortunately I had not upgraded my MBP so we were able to continue use that particular camera

SuperDuper is quite a good piece of software for the cloning

Apologies if I am stating the obvious

Regards

Phil

Aperture Raw Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.