Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic move with tables and charts

Hi there,

I am comfortable with the functionality of magic move transitions. However, I am stuck when using charts and tables. The chart or table fades out on the first slide and fades in (in the right place and everything) on the second slide.

I would like the transition to be the same as with a shape - that is, it stays on the screen and resizes / repositions instead of fading out and then in.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Craig

imac 20", Mac OS X (10.6.1), 4Gb Ram, 1Tb Time capsule, airports,

Posted on Oct 31, 2009 1:13 AM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2009 12:27 PM in response to slobberingdog

Hi again - can't check out the video as you need to pay ('alot') for it. Might be worth it though.

This is quite frustrating - it's like the chart has a build out transition and a build in transition on the next slide but it's been moved as well.

Apart from recreating the chart with lines (which is difficult for a 3d bar chart) what else can I try ?

Thanks in advance (again).

Nov 5, 2009 6:50 PM in response to slobberingdog

slobberingdog wrote:
Hi again - can't check out the video as you need to pay ('alot') for it. Might be worth it though.

I watched this at time (ages ago) for free so not sure what you are paying for. Anyhow just because he says "Keynote" does not mean it is +actual table object+ being Magic Moved.

(A large part of the power of Marketing is in creating false perceptions without actual doing anything illegal. This has been discussed on other threads and lots of people made same assumption as you have).

There are ways to do what was demonstrated using pngs of the table for the transition then dissolving to the actual table etc etc.

Not a big deal to do for a Big budget presentation like that but a hassle if you are changing the table data as you need to regenerate pngs and so on

Magic move with tables and charts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.