Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

progressive Dropdown list links not working?

Okay, I don't know how to most accurately describe this problem, but think there would be a way around it. Unfortunately, the site I am having trouble with specifically is one with limited login access, so I can't link you to it, but here's the problem:

To access pdf documents, you have a series of drop-down lists that you have to select progressively, as each one selection in a given dropdown list reloads the page and populates the next dropdown list based on the previous one's selection. When I select ANY of the options of the first dropdown list, nothing happens.

The only time I can get this to work is on a windows machine running IE. Is there some sort of issue with the site that will keep this from working in a Mac environment? Is there some sort of plug-in or add on that addresses this? I can't seem to find anything applicable here in the forms or out on the web. PLEASE HELP

15" MacBook Pro 2007, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Oct 31, 2009 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 9:14 AM

HI Chris,

Sounds like the site you are describing is not Safari compatible. Go to Safari/Preferences- Security and make sure your Java is enabled. Under the Security tab, click the first 3 boxes where you see:
Web content. See if that helps...

If you haven't done so, try Firefox.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/mozillafirefox.html

Carolyn 🙂
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2009 9:14 AM in response to Chris Ratledge

HI Chris,

Sounds like the site you are describing is not Safari compatible. Go to Safari/Preferences- Security and make sure your Java is enabled. Under the Security tab, click the first 3 boxes where you see:
Web content. See if that helps...

If you haven't done so, try Firefox.

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/internet_utilities/mozillafirefox.html

Carolyn 🙂

progressive Dropdown list links not working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.