Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad ???

so im hooking my macbook pro to my tv, and im im pretty much looking for a wireless keyboard touchpad combo. my ideal hardware would look like a macbook pro, but without the monitor, just the bottom half. that would be just the most awesome thing ever. especially if the touchpad were exactly like the one on the macbook pro, 2 finger scroll & all......... does anyone know if this exists ????

a1286, Mac OS X (10.5.8), MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 3:11 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2009 11:38 AM in response to BasementJack

I have the Logitech DiNovo Edge Keyboard for the Mac. I didn't know that they discontinued it.

I thought I would give you my $0.02 on it, in case you are interested. I have used it for several months as my main keyboard because I like the action of the keys better than the Apple slim keyboards. I find that the click feel and sound, while not too loud, gives me confidence in my strokes and I can type faster as a result. I originally bought the keyboard for use with our home theater Mini as well, and it is handy for that. The keyboard is light, the charge lasts for many weeks (and no messing with batteries). However, I found several downsides to the keyboard for this use: 1. the built-in touchpad, while handy, is really a pain for any serious use. The surface is just too small, and it is touchy (in fact, I have to cover it with a piece of black felt while typing at my desk). The buttons are a pain, and are in a position that makes click-hold-drag a challenge. It's placement is less than ideal too, in part because I keep expecting it to be below the space bar, where it is on my MBP. 2. the volume control, while clever, is just not as useful as simple up-down buttons. Also, you can't just tap a place in the up-down range to jump to a volume, one must slide it up and down. sometimes repeatedly, if the desired change in volume is far away from the current setting. 3. This last point is not really a gripe, as even the separate Apple keyboard lack this, but in a home theater, I would KILL for those little back-lit keys like in my MBP!

All in all, it works, comes with a nice charging stand, is better than balancing a mouse on ones knee, but I am hoping for more in the next generation, or maybe Apple will do a touch-magic-keyboard in 2010? 🙂

regards,

-evil0

Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.