Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Logitech Pro-Presenter R800

3044 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2009 5:44 AM by R C-R RSS
tom pernal Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 1, 2009 5:41 PM
I think I have discovered the first thing a Mac totally ignores.
I bought a Logitech Pro Presenter R800 and my MacBook Pro does not know it's there.
This is NG as I purchased it after reading a review that Mac is supported. I also have a G4 running Leopard, but haven't tried it yet on that machine.
I really need it to run on my MacBook Pro.
MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1), 4 gig ram dual core 2.33
  • R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (13,825 points)
    Nov 2, 2009 2:02 AM (in response to tom pernal)
    According to the Logitech R800 specs page, the device only supports Windows XP, Vista & Windows 7. Searching the web for reviews, I don't find any that mention Mac support -- in fact, one laments that there are (as yet) no Mac drivers available for the device.
    2008 iMacs: 24"/3.06 GHz + 20"/2.66 GHz; White MacBook/2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Kensington Trackball; Airport Extreme 802.11n; assorted iPods and older Macs
  • R C-R Level 6 Level 6 (13,825 points)
    Nov 2, 2009 5:44 AM (in response to tom pernal)
    I don't know what to say other than that Logitech makes no official mention of Mac OS X support. If that OS supports the device at all, it should be listed in System Profiler in the USB section. If not, it means the device does not conform to UHCI or EHCI USB protocol standards & the built-in USB host controller driver doesn't know how to exchange data with it.

I suggest that you contact Logitech support & see if anything helpful results. Otherwise, I would return the device for a refund & look for something similar that supports OS X.
    2008 iMacs: 24"/3.06 GHz + 20"/2.66 GHz; White MacBook/2.4 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Kensington Trackball; Airport Extreme 802.11n; assorted iPods and older Macs

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.