Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Pro-Presenter R800

I think I have discovered the first thing a Mac totally ignores.
I bought a Logitech Pro Presenter R800 and my MacBook Pro does not know it's there.
This is NG as I purchased it after reading a review that Mac is supported. I also have a G4 running Leopard, but haven't tried it yet on that machine.
I really need it to run on my MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1), 4 gig ram dual core 2.33

Posted on Nov 1, 2009 5:41 PM

3 replies

Nov 2, 2009 4:42 AM in response to R C-R

Here's the online review copy and pasted from the logitech website:

http://reviews.logitech.com/7061/5873/reviews.htm

Works with Macs too!
Date: August 15, 2009
By Apple Guy
from Central Florida
Overall Rating:
4 out of 5
4 out of 5
Quality:
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Features:
3 out of 5
3 out of 5
Performance:
4 out of 5
4 out of 5
Ease of use:
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
Ergonomics:
5 out of 5
5 out of 5
I work for a "fruit company" and do ALOT of presentations. I really like green lasers as they are very bright and distinct. The few green laser products I have tried are a bit clumsy. I purchased the R800 to give it a go and it works great on my Macs. The "start preso" and "black screen" buttons only serve to drop you out of presentation mode in keynote, but everything else works great. The green laser is very bright and the ergonomics are the best I have used. I will be putting it through its paces with 5 major presentations over the next 2 weeks but I have great confidence that this will be my new "go to" device!
Technical Expertise: Tech Savvy
I've used this product: Less than a week

Nov 2, 2009 5:44 AM in response to tom pernal

I don't know what to say other than that Logitech makes no official mention of Mac OS X support. If that OS supports the device at all, it should be listed in System Profiler in the USB section. If not, it means the device does not conform to UHCI or EHCI USB protocol standards & the built-in USB host controller driver doesn't know how to exchange data with it.

I suggest that you contact Logitech support & see if anything helpful results. Otherwise, I would return the device for a refund & look for something similar that supports OS X.

Logitech Pro-Presenter R800

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.