Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help - GPRS email & Ericcson K700

I would really value some help...

I work for a childrens charity helping with the tsunami relief in Indonesia.

One member of staff is travelling there next week and I am struggling to sort out her email access.

She has a Sony ericcson K700i with Vodafone (UK) and a newish 12" powerbook G4 - with tiger.

Vodafone gave me some password settings and I can link the phone to the computer via bluetooth but I can seem to get online to download mail.

Any advice on what to do - or where to get the right advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Ben

Posted on Jul 29, 2005 3:34 AM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2005 5:19 AM in response to Community User

If you haven't already done so, download the Sony Ericsson GPRS scripts from Ross Barkman's Homepage. There is also some good information there. Then read through the documentation at:
http://www.ifelix.co.uk/tech/7201.html

You will probably have to try several of Ross's scripts (CID4 to CID1) to find the one which works with your setup.

As to how you will get this working in Indonesia (if that's what you plan to do) while roaming is another matter...

Sep 13, 2005 11:40 AM in response to Alexander Traud

Hi there,

Please see the text of a message I had back from SonyEricsson on this topic after discussing it with Ross B.

Not sure if it is any help to others, but advice on where to go next would be helpful.

Daniel.

Dear Daniel Gotts,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, unfortunately we do not provide support for connecting the phone to Apple Mac as a modem, only to PC. We are sorry that we were unable to assist you further in this particular instance.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

For more information on our products and services, please feel free to visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com

www.sonyericsson.com/fun
Register now for great content and fantastic Web and WAP Services.

Kind Regards,
Alan Shepherd

Sony Ericsson Call Centre
mailto:questions.gb@support.sonyericsson.com
http://www.sonyericsson.com

Subject: Re: Sony Ericsson Call Centre, Case : 41147638
Michael,

Thanks for your response.

I use and Apple iBook laptop, and I am connecting to the phone via
Bluetooth - I have a Bluetooth USB adaptor connected to the laptop, as
it does not have Bluetooth built-in.

As I said, this arrangement works perfectly with a SE T610 or T630, but
not the K700i.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Sony Ericsson Call Center wrote:

Dear D Gotts,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, please include more information. How are you connecting to your PC? USB, Bluetooth or Infrared. This will allow us to investigate your problem correctly.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

For more information on our products and services, please feel free to visit our website at www.sonyericsson.com

www.sonyericsson.com/fun
Register now for great content and fantastic Web and WAP Services.

Kind Regards,
Michael Simcox

Sony Ericsson Call Centre
mailto: questions.gb@support.sonyericsson.com
http://www.sonyericsson.com

Subject: Phones
Product: K700i

Opinion: Hi there,

I have just been given a new K700i as my work phone. I am trying to set it up to access the internet from my laptop via GPRS.

I have got the right modem script from Ross Barkman (taniwha.org.uk) and I can connect to the internet OK, but when I try to access any website the connection times out. Ross has given me a few suggestions as to what is wrong - why the phone/laptop won't find the right internet address to connect to.

He has suggested that I contact you to see if there is a firmware update for my phone, as it may have a bug.

My previous Siemens phone enabled me to connect to the internet with no problems, and similarly my own T610 works fine with my laptop.

Thanks if you can offer any help on this,

Daniel.
First Name: Daniel
Last Name: Gotts

Sep 13, 2005 4:36 PM in response to Daniel Gotts

Daniel,

Just another bit of info. I was using a SE T610 very successfully until I upgraded to Tiger recently. I could no longer get it to work and spent hours on the phone with Apple who finally admitted that the new system does not work with this phone. They said that they were working on this problem.

Sony Ericsson are of little help. I was told by them that they do not support Apple.

Regards,

Gerry.

Please help - GPRS email & Ericcson K700

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.