Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3g internet tethering

Hi guys, i don't know if this question have been post before
i would like to know if iPhone 3G supports internet tethering via bluetooth/USB. it does not appear as a option for me to do so in my phone.

if not,
is there any software i can use to enable internet tethering.

iPhone 3G

Posted on Nov 2, 2009 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 2:24 AM

Have a look at this article about system requirements for tethering: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3574
and check this article if your carrier supports tethering: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1937
if your carrier does not support tethering you can't connect your computer to the internet using the phone.
6 replies

Nov 8, 2009 4:31 AM in response to amosthj

I posted this thread and hope I can help some of you out there.

My question was:-

"I have an iPhone 3GS purchased in Taiwan which is factory unlocked. Tethering worked perfectly prior to the 3.1.2 upgrade.

Does anyone have any solution as to how I can get tethering back without having to unlock or hack the phone? Perhaps a way to downgrade the phone back to 3.1. How about iTunes? Will it keep asking me to update my phone each time I sync?

Thanks in advance. "

I have found a solution that works for me.

1. Go to "Settings"
2. Press "General"
3. Press "Network"
4. Press "VPN"
5. Switch VPN on then off
6. Press "Add VPN configurations"
7. Press "Auto" under the "Proxy" settings
8. Press "Cancel"
9. Go back to main screen
10. Go to "Settings"
11. Press "General"
12. Press "Network"

Your Internet Tethering should be back.

I did not make any changes, hack the phone or download any updates (I don't there has been any since 3.1.2 7D11 and I got tethering back.
Good luck.

iPhone 3g internet tethering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.