Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse Guide for Windows 7 and Vista,,,

Hello All,

I recieved my Magic Mouse and it works great under OSX but I couldn't get it working under Windows at all. Searching here and around the web, I've compiled a guide on how I got it working. Hopefully, Apple will release proper drivers in the future but for now, here is what I did:

Turn mouse off...if you have already tried installing, remove the device and then turn the mouse off. To remove it, open Start, type "Devices" and press enter. Select "remove device"...Now let's get started:

1) Update the Bluetooth Driver.
Open Device Manager.
Start > (Right Click Computer) > Properties. Click Device Manager in upper left of this window. Double click (Bluetooth Radios), Right click on "Generic Bluetooth" and select "Properties". Open the Driver tab and then select "Update Driver". Click "Browse my computer for driver software". On the next screen, towards the bottom, click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers...". Uncheck "Show compatible hardware". Select "Apple" and then "Apple built in bluetooth". Done

2)In the notification area of the task bar, right click on Bluetooth icon and select "Add a device". Turn on your mouse. It will show up on screen. Right click on the mouse icon. Select Properties. Select the "Services" tab and check the "Drivers for keyboard, mice, etc". The mouse may disappear from the screen since it's been added. Windows is still looking for other devices so click "Cancel".

3) Disable power management for Bluetooth Radio. Open device manager, open Bluetooth Radios and right click on "Apple Bluetooth". Select the "Power Management". Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

4) Reboot computer. Mouse should be working in Windows 7/Vista now.

* If you reboot and your mouse is still not working, click on the mouse two or three times. On my system, the mouse will not begin working until I do this, every time I boot my system. *

Hope this helps,

Al

Macbook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Nov 3, 2009 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 1:42 AM

i have connected magic mouse on the first attempt to my mbp with win7 32bit bc.

left/right click ok, but no scrolling ..
135 replies

Nov 5, 2009 7:55 PM in response to donald0330

I have the new 27" imac with both osx and windows 7, under windows 7 i do have to click the mouse once for it to start working, however the scroll feature does work in some windows/applications. for me i believe it works in windows windows, but not like firefox. So i hope they do make a fully functional driver for windows 7, as i like the magic mouse's scroll feature.

Nov 7, 2009 12:55 PM in response to Al Loper

Hey Thanks so much on the advice to get the Magic Mouse to work in Windows 7. It did work but as per others the scrolling doesn't work which is a bit of a let down so may use it in Mac at home and not at work in Windows 7. Hope Mac fix the issue. Anyone got any suggestions on getting the microphone and speakers to work in Windows using Skype or Sight Speed? In Skype the other person can't hear me but in Sight Speed I cant hear them. Have tried everything and dont really want to do the headset thing?

Nov 9, 2009 7:35 AM in response to amandapl71

Hello,
I did not need to make changes on Windows 7: I have the right Bluetooth driver (I'll still check this evening on returning).

My problem is that when I add the mouse in Bluetooth devices, I see it, I click on "next" button, but nothing happens.
I left it running for a while, but nothing happens.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

I have an iMac from late 2007.

Sorry for my English, I am French.

Nov 12, 2009 8:31 AM in response to Sascha H-K

if you go to

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL952

then download this package
and extract the AppleWirelessMouse.exe or AppleWirelessMouse64.exe

you then can run this on your windows PC and execute this
this enables scrolling functionality of the Magic Mouse

do not execute the downloaded file directly because it will tell you it doesn't run on this computer ( which is logical because of pc hardware =/= Mac hardware )

i hope it works for everybody

for me it does..

it recognizes my Magicg Mouse and i now also have scrolling enabled

Magic Mouse Guide for Windows 7 and Vista,,,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.