Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 11556

Im able to Load the itunes store but for some reason when i try to log in i get the error 11556, I have itunes added to my firewall and my virus protection but i still cant login to the store... any help

Toshiba p205

Posted on Nov 5, 2009 3:14 AM

16 replies

Nov 27, 2009 3:56 PM in response to Rawr?

I have the exact same issue. the store loads with no issues, but logging in to the store results in an error. i looked online, and the only answer i could find was that the install was possibly corrupt. well i reinstalled itunes a few times and each time got nothing. my guess is that there is a error between windows 7 and itunes. when i upgraded i stayed logged in until i wanted to switch what account was logged in, at which point this error started appearing and now i cant log in on any account.

Jan 9, 2010 5:10 AM in response to jvandehey

I have that problem, but my parental controls are not engaged- I'm wondering if it's somehow regional, as in addition to the 11556 error on my laptop, I can't hit either iTunes or the iStore on my iPhone to update apps. It's not a password issue, I changed it today to make sure, it is 100% not password related.

Can anybody suggest the next step?

Thanks,

GH

Jan 9, 2010 6:51 PM in response to Rawr?

I'm downloading a podcast from the Store even now, albeit quite slowly. The problem isn't the network (I've tried it on two, at work and at home), other traffic is as fast as normal. Even while it's downloading the podcast I get the 11556 error when I try to access my iPhone or log into iTunes.

I've reinstalled iTunes and reset the phone, no change in the 11556 error.

Mar 28, 2010 6:44 PM in response to Rawr?

Stupid Apple! Just for this, I'm gonna __-can my plans to get a Mac and continue my habit of building a new PC every three years.

I tried to log on because the store wouldn't open (as described several places above). I got the 11556 error and called Tech Support. The first man had me reinstall iTunes. I uninstalled it but it wouldn't reinstall, so I called again. This man said the equivalent of, "Duh-eee" and "Which way did he go, George?" but in the end, it was I who figured out the intallation problem. I installed and we still had the 11556 error. He said to reboot my modem. I told him this would take five minutes and crawled out of my wheelchair and maneuvered my way under the desk and over to the mess of wires to reboot both the modem and the router. By the time I returned, the cartoon character on the other end had hung up on me. My attempt to get back through was met with an announcement that they were closed.

So I did what I should have done in the first place: I Googled "itunes error 11556" and looked for the first description that described my problem (I'm not trying to make ringtones) that wasn't trying to sell me a registry-screwer-upper.

Thanks, guys! I woulda never guessed that the program would change my parental settings without my permission, and I woulda never looked under parental settings 'cause I don't do kids.

Uncle Cliffie

Jun 23, 2010 4:05 PM in response to girlynerd

And here is another one who almost died of a heart attack (seriously, I mean this) after upgrading my iPod Touch 2nd gen to iOS4, the 'unknown' error 11556 appeared. Apple should warn people to turn on iTunes Store access under the Parental Control tab when upgrading. But of course they are too greedy and in all their wisdom they think no one wants to turn iTunes Store access off. Well I do and I will never buy anything again from their awful sounding compressed noise. - JG

Error 11556

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.