Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiki updates not appearing in RSS-feed

Hi,

we just migrated 10.5 server to 10.6. Everything is fine so far. But while updates from Wikis and blogs appearing on http://intranet.ln/updates/, no updates are appearing on feed://intranet.ln/search/index.rss?kind=wiki&kind=weblog&kind=podcast&howMany= 20&uid=recent&startIndex=0

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6), abc

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 3:02 AM

5 replies

Nov 30, 2009 8:05 PM in response to piet88

Did you ever find any solution to this problem?
We are having very chaotic RSS behavior; sometime updates show up, sometimes not. For a single update, some users get an RSS update, some don't. There doesn't seem to be any pattern for what works and what doesn't.
We were hoping to use the Apple WIKI as a group platform, but without RSS working reliably, it doesn't work for us.

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2010 5:23 PM in response to Colin Cannell

Thanks for the reply. I've been able to narrow the behavior down further to the combination of RSS when using SSL access security. Apparently, few RSS reader and WIKI server combinations actually handle the case of RSS+SSL gracefully; some don't even try. Once I started searching, there's quite a bit of information about this out there, but as far as I can tell, no one has a good solution yet.

Further, I think some of the RSS update behavior that seemed "flakey" is explainable -- if I'm logged-in to my wiki server (via SLL) in Safari, then Mail is able to fetch authenticated RSS updates, but if I don't have an authenticated connection open in Safari, then it's not so successful.

I'll keep looking for a combination that works when using RSS and SSL authentication.

Thanks,
Rick.

Wiki updates not appearing in RSS-feed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.