Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to print wallet size photos

I spent 1/2 hour with Apple Support, and they can't figure it out.

It should be simple: I want to print wallet sized prints of one photo. The photo is large. If go to print, and select "print multiple copies of same photo", it CROPS the large photo down to 2x3, and fills the page with that - basically, someone's nose. Not what I want.

If I got to print contact sheet, it seems to be able to SHRINK photo to fit the contact space. Why can't Apple SHRINK the photo to fit the 2x3 size I request?

I found a workaround by making 12 copies of photo and putting in an album and printing a contact sheet of all the copies. This is a really silly way to do something pretty normal?

Is there a more elegant way to do this? (And I don't want to order them mailed to me!)

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.5.6), 3G memory

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 1:53 PM

1 reply

Nov 6, 2009 2:40 PM in response to Mark and Montse

Give this basic remedy a try. Quit iPhoto and delete your iPhoto preferences. To do this, go to your username> library> preferences> com.apple.iphoto.plist. Delete this file. Then reopen iPhoto; it will create a new preference file with all of the default settings.

You can also do a verify and repair of permissions using Disk Utility.

I hope this helps.

How to print wallet size photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.