Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Question about Mail on MacBook

1302 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 6, 2009 6:37 PM by GfulDedFan RSS
Maria Folsom Level 1 Level 1 (20 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 6, 2009 2:55 PM
I can't find a forum for "Mail", so I'll post my question here:

How can I transfer my Signatures from my old computer to my new MacBook, into the Mail program? I tried copying the Signature file from old computer onto a flash drive, then dragging it into the new computer in the same Folder within Mail Didn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.
G5 iMac 20"; G4 iBook laptop; MacBook OS 10.6.1, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • GfulDedFan Level 4 Level 4 (3,315 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 6, 2009 6:37 PM (in response to Maria Folsom)
    Signatures need to be composed in Mail Preferences. Open Mail and click Mail in the upper left and select Preferences from the drop-down. Next click the *Signatures Tab*. In the left column, select the email account that you want to add a signature to and click the + sign under the middle column. The middle column is for a signature name or identifier. Once named, compose a signature in the right column. Repeat the process by clicking the + sign for additional signatures.
    If you want to copy a signature from an outside source (your old computer), open it on your computer, copy and paste it into the right column described above. -GDF
    Aluminum MacBook 2.4-320GB 7200rpm-4GB RAM / 16GB iPod Touch / iPod Hi-Fi, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.