Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote assistance from Mac to PC

Hey, my mother occasionally has issues with her PC and asks for my assistance. Before, I just used the Remote Assistance feature in MSN Messenger and fixed the issue using my Dell laptop. Now that I have made the FANTASTIC move to a MacBook, I am looking for a way to give my mother assistance, and it does not seem possible through Microsoft Messenger on Mac.

Is there a way I can remotely assist my mother, on her pc, from my MacBook.

P.S. She is in Iowa and I am in Minnesota, in case that makes a difference in your suggestions. Also, she is running Windows XP and I am running Snow Leopard.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.1), Trying to connect to Windows XP

Posted on Nov 6, 2009 6:06 PM

5 replies

Nov 6, 2009 11:45 PM in response to K T

I did download that earlier tonight, but I had not used it as I was unsure how to connect to my mothers computer in Iowa. I am not the best when it comes to networking, and this option looked like it would only help if my mothers comp was on the same home network as my own.

How do I connect to her since we are on totally different networks? I am utilizing a shared wireless connection, and she is using a wireless network I set up for her at my parents home. Ideas?

Remote assistance from Mac to PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.