Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot setup Mail account

I keep trying but it just never seems to work. Thunderbird will work fine. How can I be messing up something so simple as Mail?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 5:43 AM

3 replies

Nov 8, 2009 12:04 PM in response to William-Boyd-Jr

You know, I have an old e-mac running 10.4.11 and it runs mail just fine. Then I get to Leopard, enter the same info and it won't send or receive mail. I just tried to send an e-mail and here's the message i get: cannot send the message using gpcom.net & you run connection doctor and connection and login to server succeeded and connection to server succeeded, no login required. Nothing to me, but maybe there is to you.

Nov 8, 2009 1:05 PM in response to captgadget

captgadget wrote:
You know, I have an old e-mac running 10.4.11 and it runs mail just fine. Then I get to Leopard, enter the same info and it won't send or receive mail. I just tried to send an e-mail and here's the message i get: cannot send the message using gpcom.net

"gpcom.net" doesn't sound like the name of a mail server. Those often have names like "pop.gpcom.net" or "smtp.gpcom.net". What server names do the instructions of your mail service tell you to use? Are you trying to use a POP3 or IMAP service?

no login required

That's uncommon, at least for reading of e-mail.

Cannot setup Mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.