Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications tab doesn't work - apps won't sync

I'm starting to go a bit bonkers. It's been a while since I updated iTunes, and the Applications tab still doesn't work right. Is it just me? I can't click on anything/manipulate anything in that part of iTunes. And when I download new apps through the app store and tell my iPhone to sync, it doesn't sync the apps, even though "Sync Applications" under the Applications tab is checked.

I've uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it. I've restored my iPhone. I've done both things a few times and you know what? Sometimes that makes it work. But if so, it only works one time. I can use the Applications window to check which apps I want synced and move things around onto different screens. But then if I click on another tab/navigate away from that window, it stops working. And I have to restore my iPhone again just to sync my apps.

Any suggestions? Help? Is it just me that's having this problem? Thanks...

iTunes version: 9.0.2 (25)
iPhone software version: 3.1.2

iPhone 3G, iPhone OS 3.1.2, iTunes 9.0.2

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 8:29 AM

19 replies

Nov 8, 2009 4:06 PM in response to dwmreg64

Thanks for the suggestion, but no, that doesn't make a difference. I even tried quiting and then restarting iTunes in between deauthorizing/authorizing my computer. It seems to just be a problem with the applications tab in iTunes and syncing my apps. I'm on a Macbook with software version 10.5.8... if that makes any difference.

Nov 9, 2009 6:13 PM in response to dwmreg64

Wouldn't I lose all my paid apps if I go under a different account?

Still not working... only when I restore my iPhone to factory settings and reupload everything do I get my new and updated apps and have a working Applications tab. Then, if I quit iTunes and open it again later, I can't manipulate/change anything under the Applications tab, and my apps won't sync with the rest of the stuff on my iPhone. So maybe the solution is to leave iTunes open and my computer on FOREVER.

I'm seriously getting ticked that this isn't working right. Anyone else have this problem? Or just scuttlebutt and me?

Dec 14, 2009 2:19 AM in response to dwmreg64

I have had the same problem (won't sync apps) but I can't relate it to iTunes update. Recently I've made this update on different PC's and I can't remember when I did on my own.
But I can't sync apps only. The page show but seems shaded, I can't move or change anything on it. And this page only - all other pages work normally.
I haven't tried to restore my phone 'cause I'm afraid to lose data contained on the apps on my phone but I tried to create a new library and it didn't make any difference.
I'll try to rollback iTunes and see what happens. Will post it later.

Applications tab doesn't work - apps won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.