Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Public Profile

I recently purchased a new laptop and updated my 'Public Profile' showing the new laptop and such.

I kept my old laptop. I recently logged into 'Discussions', with my old laptop, and 'My Public Profile' showed my old laptop as the 'Model' I use.

I logged out, went to my new laptop, logged in, and checked 'My Public Profile'. It showed my new laptop as the 'Model' I use.

Logged out, went back to my old laptop, logged in, and there it was, 'My Public Profile' showing my old laptop as the 'Model' I use.

What's up with that?

Macbook Pro 13" 2.26ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 9:55 PM

14 replies

Nov 9, 2009 8:58 AM in response to Thomas B. Robison

Logged out, went back to my old laptop, logged in, and there it was, 'My Public Profile' showing my old laptop as the 'Model' I use.

Hmmmm. Try clearing the cookies on the old laptop. Any impact (when logging back into Discussions) on what model you see from that lappie?

(In your Public profile, I'm currently seeing: "Macbook Pro 13" 2.26ghz".)

Nov 9, 2009 9:42 AM in response to b noir

hi b noir,

I am replying via my old laptop. I did as you suggested, emptied cache in Safari, emptied history, removed all cookies, not just 'apple' cookies.

But here's another interesting quirk; when I log into my Profile, using this old laptop, and then click on 'My Posts', the only posts it shows are those made on this old laptop. It doesn't show all the posts I've recently posted using my new laptop. This is really strange!

Nov 9, 2009 10:12 AM in response to Thomas B. Robison

How can that be? I am signing into the only account I have, with the only ID and password I have.

I'll defer to ali b (and other folks) on the technical details of what happened here, Tom. (Fingers crossed someone will be along soon to walk you through that.)

But in the meantime, fingers crossed the following ali b post may provide some useful background information:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10192541&#10192541

Nov 9, 2009 10:33 AM in response to Thomas B. Robison

Hi Thomas!

You have two Apple Account IDs.

Thomas B. Robison registered 5/11/05
baron von benjamin registered 8/12/05

Using the new Mac, when you are signed in with the baron account click Here.
Make a note of the Apple ID but don't post it here.

Then using the old Mac again click Here and note the Apple ID.

Are they exactly the same?

ali b

My Public Profile

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.