Skip navigation

TimeMachine causes dropouts in iTunes

793 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 10:33 AM by Rellimbor RSS
Ashley Drees Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 11, 2009 9:22 AM
I have been having some issues with TimeMachine and iTunes on my MBP - i am pretty sure this is not an Airtunes issue.. but sometimes when TimeMachine runs itunes stops playing for a few seconds.. if i turn TM off.. this does not happen.. i am moving ALL my three Airport Express to cable and i have just brought an Airport Extreme to try and get round this.. i will test with wired throughout and with WiFi on both available bandwidths... i get the dropout even when playing to directly connected speakers

anyone else notice this?

can one 'Nice" TM?
Xserv - MBP - iMac - mini, Mac OS X (10.6.1)
  • Jolly Giant Level 7 Level 7 (25,430 points)
    Nov 11, 2009 11:09 AM (in response to Ashley Drees)
    Ashley Drees wrote:
    I have been having some issues with TimeMachine and iTunes on my MBP

i'm sorry you're having these issues. unfortunately, i have no solution but, if i may suggest, maybe if you start a new thread in the Time Machine forum, you'll probably get more attention

good luck
    15"MBP SR C2D 2,4 GHz, 4 GB RAM / 17"PB G4 1,67 GHz 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), TC dual 500 GB, AEBS (n), 2x AE (b/g), TV 40 GB, iPod Touch 2nd gen (OS 3.1)
  • Jolly Giant Level 7 Level 7 (25,430 points)
    Nov 11, 2009 12:26 PM (in response to Ashley Drees)
    Ashley Drees wrote:
    good point.. will re-post, but is it iTunes or TM which is playing hard ball here.. as iTunes might be messing up TM - just that i listen to iTunes...

good question. as i am writing this, i'm streaming music to my TV plus 2 airport express units while TM is backing up to my TC in the background ... without issues.

i do have the occasional drop ins/outs while streaming content, which i put down to airport/airtunes but it may also be due to interference from other networks nearby.

let's see what the TM gurus over in the TM forum have to say. i'll monitor your fresh thread ! (:-)
    15"MBP SR C2D 2,4 GHz, 4 GB RAM / 17"PB G4 1,67 GHz 1 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.1), TC dual 500 GB, AEBS (n), 2x AE (b/g), TV 40 GB, iPod Touch 2nd gen (OS 3.1)
  • Rellimbor Calculating status...
    Nov 7, 2013 10:33 AM (in response to Ashley Drees)

Am having the same problem: iTunes playback stops (or output shuts off even through song is advancing) every time Time Machine runs. No Apple TV, Airport, streaming, or wireless: running straight through Thunderbolt to USB to speakers. Consistent problem.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.