Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DashboardClient + Old website sounds

I have a MacPro that keeps playing sounds from old websites that were visited (with streaming video/audio on the website). Today it was playing a tutorial that was visited back in June 2009. I determined via Activity Monitor that DashboardClient is the culprit. I quit the process and the audio stopped, but then itw ould start again once the DashboardClient launched. This is not the first time this has happened. This compute was previously 10.5, but was upgraded to 10.6, it has only happened since the computer was upgraded to 10.6

Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Nov 11, 2009 1:05 PM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2009 10:19 AM in response to werner_s

Hi,

I too am having this issue since visiting the Manu Chao site - ( http://www.manuchao.net/manuchao/siberie-m-etait-conteee_/index.php?p=124).

At the bottom of the page is a flash player playing an album. Since visiting this page, opening the dashboard appears to connect to the same page (without launching a browser or showing any activity) and start playing the album from the first track again. When the airport is off this does not happen and a network monitor shows a download of around 400kb/s when the dashboard is launched.
Any help would be appreciated,

cheers
Pete

Dec 26, 2009 8:34 AM in response to Hangman228

Hi All,

Have found a solution to this (thanks Ian from Applecare).
Go to Users>Library>Preferences, copy all preference files and put in a new folder called 'Old Preferences' or something similar (ensure both folders have the same amount of files). Again restart the computer and open dashboard, if the problem has gone then start moving the preference files back into the preference folder 10/20 at a time, keeping a record of which ones you are moving.

After each small move, restart the computer and open dashboard making sure that the problem does not come back. In my case I deleted the original dashboard.plist and dashboardclient.plist files as they were the most likely cause of the issue and also new pref files had been created when we opened dashboard again.

Once you have moved all important pref files back to the proper preference folder, delete the duplicate preference folder and the problem should be solved (you may need to re-arrange your dock etc as some preferences will have defaulted).

Hope this helps!
Pete

Message was edited by: pete weston

DashboardClient + Old website sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.